Monday, March 23, 2020

A quick note about Masks


 

There have been requests for people who can make masks. The medical community is running out of equipment. Masks being one of them. So I would like to pass this along from the Florida Quilt Network.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

By now, I'm sure you've heard about how medical personnel are running out of equipment that will keep them safe, and I'm thinking its going to get worse before it gets better.  I love how everyone is mobilizing to this effort: beer makers are switching to making hand sanitizer, my daughter's favorite clothing company in California is switching their work to face masks for the near future, etc.  Hubby is wondering about CPAP machines...seems they are pretty close to ventilators, can't someone run with that idea?

Anyway, there are lots of patterns out there, but I'd like to submit to you a video I made with Kelsey Scott, our class coordinator at The Sewing Studio.  I'm making bunches of these today for my doctor who called asking for enough for her staff. She will be using them as covers for their dwindling supply of N-95 masks.


I also ordered some of these air filters which I will use inside the next batch of face masks I make.  These actually filter out viruses, according to the package.

Stay inside, think happy thoughts, pray for your community, eat healthy and take care of you and yours!!

Mary-Jeanine
My Online Quilt Store: Pink Pig Productions
My Gem Teaching Site: www.MJIQuilts.com
Everything to do with quilting in Florida: www.FloridaQuiltNetwork.com
--

0 comments: