Thursday, May 7, 2020

A bargain is a bargain

You know over the years I have always tried to share when I find good prices on things we as quilters use. Several years ago, I shared about using your 50% Joann's coupon at Michael's for batting.

I found another source and it might even be a better buy.

Batting at Hobby Lobby is $4.99 a yard. With my 40% off coupon, it came to $3.00 a yard. Which made me very happy.

They also had lots of fabric, which is almost non-exisitant in my area.

Here is what Joann's looked like.

Top row is all the cotton they have left.

And take a look at Walmart!

I sure hope everyone is making masks with all that fabric. Or could it be that the suppliers from Asia have stopped shipping? Does anyone know?




6 comments:

Linda said...

I wondered the exact same thing! My husband and I were in Walmart looking for felt, and the fabric shelves, usually so stuffed and messy, were empty. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months.

Brenda said...

Wow! Other than a low stock of the children's super hero prints (which I am sure were used for all of the popular masks), the Walmart near our home was didn't look to over run. I noticed the markdown bin (that is usually in the center isle and endcap) was really low. Our mask makers must be bargain shoppers around here! lol

Hopefully with more time off from work, the lack of stock are created by sewists like me changing gears and getting back to quilting!

QuiltShopGal said...

Thank you. I've never purchased batting at Hobby Lobby, but I'll definitely check it out. Interesting perspective on fabric at WalMart & JoAnns. I drove by a JoAnns, a few weeks back, which had a huge line waiting outside to get in. Needless to say, I didn't wait. I appreciated when you shared about using a coupon for batting at Michaels, so I'm confident your recommendation to check out Hobby Lobby is a good one. Thanks!

Elaine Adair said...

mmm something to think/worry? about ... I have plenty ...

Sherrill said...

I've ordered plenty from Fabric Shack and Stitch n Frame online during this effin' pandemic!! And I needed it like I needed another hole in my head! Good grief.....

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I just purchased a whole roll of batting thru Walmart online earlier this year. It's getting hard to find Warm and Natural anymore. I haven't been to any fabric stores (we're still closed for at least many more weeks). I've been shopping my stash instead (lots of that around here).