Thursday, November 19, 2020

Travelers traveling home

 Ok I am sure you are ready to be done with my traveling stories, but I do have one more thing to share.

I have mentioned in the past that my hubby is a very good cook. He has excelled in cooking brisket. So when we travel we like to try different barbecue places. Especially if they have won awards. Many times we go in and come out very disappointed.

Our plan was to go to Valentinas in Austin, but they were closed the day we were leaving town. So as we make our way east, we stopped at City Market in Luling, Smitty's Market, and Krewz Market in Lockhart. TX.



We were not able to go inside, but they take your order and cut the meat right then. We eat it in the truck pretty much right away. We thought the City Market was okay. It had flavor and was somewhat tender. Smitty's Market in Lockhart was not good at all. The meat was tough and even looked whitish. Kreuz Market was also okay. It was the most tender of the three. But none of them compared to the meat we got at Franklin's in Austin. By far the best barbecue we have ever eaten.

As we were traveling we kept seeing signs for Pecans. So we found a place in Georgia called Gibb's Pecan and Shelling. 





Boy did they have pecans. I never knew there were so many varieties of pecans. 



We bought some shelled and some in the shell. Great for Christmas eating.


This little lady, Jane, shelled a couple for us to taste.

I had a hard time loading pictures. Has anyone else been having problems with the NEW Blogger?

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I quit using my camera a couple of years ago, since I had problems with Google photos and my camera back then. I now only use my cell phone for photos, and it works well with Google photos. Blogger (Google product) likes Google photos, thank goodness. Glad you had a fun trip.

Patti said...

Sounds like a great trip all the way around. If and when we get to Texas we will for sure stop at that market!