Friday, May 17, 2024

Off the Cuff

Several years ago I bought this book.


There are several really cute pincushion patterns and lots of creative ideas.

But truthfully, this is the one that caught my attention.

I had this idea if you use men's shirts for making quilt blocks, wouldn't it be cool to cut off the cuffs and make pincushions??

So, I bought a mans shirt for $1.00 from the thrift store and gave it a try.


Isn't he cute?? I did not follow the exact directions given in the book, but just did my own thing. And I still think he turned out cute :-) The ears are flower buttons.

How about you? Do you ever go out of your comfort zone? Let's be creative today and make something outside of the box!

                                       Sew and Tell
                                       NTT
                                      Midweek Makers
                                      Put Your Foot Dow
                                     Finished or not Friday
                                      Design wall Monday
                                      Beauties Pageant 
                                     Off the Wall Friday


6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yes, it is definitely a cute pin cushion. You did a great job.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

He is very cute and gives off a smile. That's what counts. well done on a fun creative project.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Ha! That is cute, and a good idea!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The cuffs make a perfect pin cushion. Yes, I create out of my comfort zone on a regular basis. It's part of the growth process.

Nikki said...

SO clever!!! I hope I remember it when I cut up my next shirt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How sweet!!!