Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Board

No I'm not the chairman, just re-using an old cork board that was in need of some TLC.

Here she is, in all of her raw glory.

I've used this cork board since I homeschooled my children, so it has been around the block a time or two.

I thought I would give it a little bit of cushion so I added some leftover batting.

Cover up.


hummm........ let's try this on for size.

nah.... too plain.

Yeah, yeah, spark it up with some red and white polka dots ribbon.

I won these very cute push pins from the Sew Mama Sew giveaway day.

Okay, now we're cooking............


Hope you are having a Happy Quilting weekend!

11 comments:

Crispy said...

I remember when making these boards were all the rage. I never did get one made for mayself LOL. I love how yours looks :0)

Crispy

Impera Magna said...

Fab make over/repurpose project... love those msg/photo boards! Great job... love the polka dot ribbon and the push pins are very cool!

Unknown said...

Oh LOVE the red and white. Good Call! :)

I'm so glad that you liked my headers! :) I was so tickled when I figured out how to do it. Don't you just love it when when you teach yourself something new?! I love the banner that you chose. It works perfectly. Hope you have a great weekend!

~Liz

Nicole said...

I love making things pretty and useful again, looks great. And those push pins you won are just adorable, how sweet!

Mary said...

What a great way to reuse a corkboard. I think I have one under a bed, just waiting to be used!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very cute Jocelyn!

Allie said...

That turned out darling! Guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for a bulletin board - can't believe I don't have one.

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

I did the same thing to my bulletin board! Yours turned out lovely, good job! Something just so so has turned into something beautiful!!!
Julie

andsewon said...

Nice!! Turned out so sweet!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Super cute... I have one too...hmmm maybe I will fix it up!,,
Pat

QuiltSue said...

That is very clever, and very effective.