Saturday, June 18, 2011

Quiet please!

After sharing some of the free resources that are out in blog land, I still find another wonderful place for finding quilting publications is my local library. I am sometimes amazed at what they offer.

This for instance......

Although I am not a new quilter, I thought it would be fun to watch Alex and catch any hints she might share.

I am a new knitter, and I do much better "seeing" rather than reading directions.

And of course there are always these...........

Whenever I am about town, if I know there is a library close at hand, I will stop in and see what is offered under catalog #746.

I enjoy looking at these books for color study and it's fun to see how designers present their patterns. I may not actually make a quilt, but it is lots of food for thought. And in our library system, I can check out the books for 3 weeks, and extend for another 3 weeks via my computer.

So don't let this valuable resource go unnoticed. Some libraries also carry current Quilt magazines.

Enjoy your weekend, and Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Julia said...

There are lots of resources out there. Thanks for the reminder.

Susan said...

That's funny...a friend was just telling me about the block-swap book and there it is! I wish our library had a copy of it!

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

I was just at the library last week getting books for my mom, and found a whole treasure trove of craft books. I thought I would never leave. People, please go check out your library, you would be surprised!
Julie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a great tip! I love the library and want to learn to embroidery again...I should look for a book at the library! ♥

Allie said...

I LOVE getting quilt books at the library - ours carries a lot of new titles too. I go online and put them on hold, and they come to my closest branch, yay for that.

Talin's Corner said...

Sometime when I go through my library, I find books and magazines that are all so new to me. I never thought I would ever forget what I bought, but it happens to me now.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I taught myself to quilt using library books and watching Alex Anderson on PBS. Looks like you have a fun stash of books and dvd's to read and watch.

Crispy said...

I guess I never thought to check the library for inspiration. I'm going to have to do that next time I'm in town....maybe I'll actually get a library card LOL.

Crispy

Lis Harwood said...

Well done on plugging our libraries, a great resource that we are likely to lose if we don't use them. They can order any book in for you too, even if they don't have it locally, just ask.

Micki said...

I will have to check into that block swap book. It looks wonderful!
Micki