Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Walking.........

Walking...........

.............. walking

.............................. walking

.............................................. Barefoot

..................................................... in the Park

This is a dream pattern by Loft Creations. But then again I cut my quilting teeth making quilts on point. This pattern would work so great using scraps, 30's fabrics, Civil War repros. I think just about any fabric line would work well. I didn't have enough prints to make the circles, so I substituted Kona Cotton that I had on hand. I also zig-zagged around the edges of the circles, as I am not very good at applique.

If you would like to see another version of Barefoot in the Park, check out Squash House Quilts. and Sew Cindy's blogs.

I am linking up with Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday and Sew Modern Monday.

Happy Quilting!

14 comments:

Sparky said...

IIIII really like this...nice walk in the park lol. great name for your new creation too.

busyascanbe said...

I love it! And the circle in the middle is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Your circles are wonderful and darling quilt to boot!

Barb said...

I enjoyed walking with you....love the quilt!

Allie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I've never done a quilt on point, much as I like it, I'm wonky enough without trying to deal with bias, lol! Your quilt is wonderful!

antique quilter said...

very cute, I bet it would look good in civil war repros!
I may just have to make one too! thanks for sharing
Kathie

QuiltSue said...

That is beautiful. I love the plain circles as they seem to make the colours of the prints just pop.

Abby and Stephanie said...

You just made my morning! It's beautiful and fun and I'm so happy you like the pattern. Great job!

Candace said...

What a wonderful picnic quilt! So fresh and bright and your points are perfect! Fantastic!
Cheers!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sew cute! Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Love those colors! I like "on point" too!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Crispy said...

I'm lovin' this quilt :0) I'm sure Amy used green for her background, to give the illusion of grass, but I like your white background so much more!

Crispy

Carrie P. said...

OH, look how quick your put that quilt together. Stephanie sure is talented. Love your version.

Sara said...

I love the soft colors! So pretty! Thanks for sharing.