Monday, June 27, 2011

The race is on

I thought I would be able to finish the little quilt I made for my daughter before she steps off the plane this evening. But it doesn't look like I'm going to make it.

I've been working on it pretty steady, and even quilted very late into the night. But the binding is still to be finished, and sewn down. So I may just have to give it to her and finish up the hand sewing tomorrow.

No real pattern. I combined two patterns and guessed at all the measurements.

This one is my favorite block -

My daughter is such a beautiful sweet snowflake :-)

I hope she likes it.

And be sure to visit Madame Samm and Amy's Creative Side as they kick off the Beam N Read Blog Hop.
You can sign up with each of the 10 bloggers this week for an opportunity to win one of these amazing lights. And come back tomorrow. Micki of Irish Muses and I will be doing our review.

Have a great day. And Happy Quilting!

16 comments:

Impera Magna said...

What a beautiful quilt... I'm sure your daughter will love it and treasure it always!

Lis Harwood said...

I'm sure she will love it, such beautiful words.

Unknown said...

Oh, my golly! Jocelyn this is awesome. She will adore this precious creation from you. Have a wonderful visit.
Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Terry said...

That's a beautiful quilt! I'm sure your daughter won't mind if it's not completely finished when you give it to her! :0)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilt. She'll love it, even if it isn't finished yet.

Barb said...

What a lovely quilt....

Linda said...

So beautiful!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your daughter will love the quilt - finished or not :)

sewfunquilts said...

What a wonderful quilt for your daughter. I'm sure she won't mind one bit.

Rosa said...

Your daughter will adore the quilt,it`s a beautiful quilt.

Cheryl said...

You bet your daughter will LOVE this quilt. Love the sweet quotes.

Unknown said...

Your daughter is going to love the quilt! It's beautiful. :)

Have a great week!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

Allie said...

That's is just beautiful - she will love it!!!

Jan Maree said...

what a lovely quilt and what a lucky daughter! I am sure she will love every stitch you have put into it.

QuiltSue said...

How could she not like it? It's great.

Crispy said...

What daughter wouldn't love this quilt and the sentiments written on it. Enjoy your time with her!!

Crispy