Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rabbits!

Rabbits! Do you sometimes feel like your fabric takes on the characteristics of rabbits? You know, like when you close the closet door, they start multiplying??

After I made this quilt for my daughter

it was my desire to make a second one when we moved into our new home last summer.

And when I found the fabric greatly reduced at our LQS I bought up what I needed (and probably more), enough to make the second quilt. As I shared last month, my sister in love gave my daughter the matching quilt for her new bedroom.

Which brings me to this.................

what I bought plus.......

the left over scraps!

Now let me just say that when the LQS reduces their fabric to 75% off, it is very hard to resist buying the fabric for the intended project ;-)

Soooooo......................

We just have to make a NEW project!

Yep, keep that needle going up and down.

Happy Quilting!

13 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The quilt for your daughter is beautiful! I also like your new project :) 75% off at your LQS - how did you stop from buying loads more?

Anonymous said...

You can't beat that price especially now a days with the cost of the NEW stuff coming out. Your daughter's quilt is a beauty!!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

well at least if fabric is growing in the closet...unlike rabbits...there's no "pellets" lol

And, I have to say...you are really SMART for taking advantage of 75% off! You GO girl!

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

I love your left over quilt. Really nice. Hugs

Darlene said...

Love your daughter's quilt and the new project is wonderful, as well.

Susan said...

I seem to have that problem here too...I am really beginning to wonder if it's even possible to use every last scrap!

Talin's Corner said...

Wow 75% off...brings a smile to my face. Love your new project.

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Just have to say I absolutely love your quilt-the colors are so perfect together and then getting the fabric at such a sale price-oh my. You new project looks wonderful but I really love the top one!
Happy stitching.
Noreen

Allie said...

I think I would have bought it ALL at that price, lol - love the look of your new project!

Crispy said...

Oooo pretty new project!! Nothin' better than finding the fabric you needed at such a great price :0)

Crispy

Anonymous said...

Love those pinwheels!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

~Niki~ said...

can't go wrong with pinks and browns~always a favorite. great job.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

They're beautiful!
xx, shell