Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday update

My friend Darlene from Insights From SewCalGal recently posted about a charity quilt challenge. You can read about it HERE.

After reading Darlene's post one morning I came to realize that the challenge was accepting unfinished quilt tops as well as Blocks and completed quilts.

I was putting together a quilt made with patriotic squares and was almost finished with the top, so I was happy to add the borders and send it to the Linharts.

There is still time if you would like to participate. The deadline has been extended until tomorrow. More then enough time to make a block and pop it in the mail.

And many of you know that my daughter has been in SE Asia this past month on a missions trip (you can read about it on my thrifting blog). She will be coming home next week (Yay!) so I have been working on a little "welcome" home quilt for her.

Happy Quilting!
Link

5 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I would love to learn to quilt, wow! I love quilts, how beautiful yours is coming along, your daughter is lucky, she's going to love it!
I love the Patriotic ones, there's no quilting around here, but some people do make them at home, but no teachers! Can't wait to see it finishes, hope you post it! Lots of hugs, FABBY

Abby and Stephanie said...

Hurray for polka dots!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that she is coming home safely! Prayers answered! And what a wonderful homecoming present from mom: even more hugs, in the form of a cuddly quilt! It looks great (the little peek we can see! LOL).
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Crispy said...

I can only imagine how happy you will be when your daughter comes home! Just from the peek of the quilt I can tell it will be very bright and pretty and ya gotta love polka dots :0)

Crispy

andsewon said...

Love your red white and blues!
I am sure your sweet gal will love her new quilt from Mama!