Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hey Pat!

Do you know Pat Sloan? She has a very fun blog where she introduces and interviews designers and showcases many of their patterns.

A couple of weeks ago Pat made this tote bag from AllPeopleQuilt.com.

Go HERE to see her bag. As I am dyed in the wool APQ.com and American Patchwork & Quilting fan, I went to the website and downloaded the pattern. Pat wrote me and asked for me to share the tote when I finished. So Pat, here it is!

I had this wild fabric that was waiting for a great project, and this tote was perfect. For all of you Red fans the fabric is Michael Millers Gypsy Bandana. The pattern was so easy, although it took me a couple of days to complete it. Only because I changed my mind on the straps and had to rip out what was sewn and audition other fabrics.

So Pat, here's to you! Another great FREE pattern that works up into a really great little tote.

Linking up with Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday

What I Made Wednesday.

Sew Darn Crafty.

Happy Quilting!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Both bags are fabulous. You are one creative gal, Jocelyn. Love the bright colors & fabric coordinating.

Have a great week!
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Terry said...

Your bag is beautiful! I've made many of these as gifts and I just love them!

PatSloan said...

Fabulous!! and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that fabric!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I know this fabric...the one in your tote! I've seen it (in diff colors) at my LQS. Now, I "need" to go get some and try your tote! Thanks for sharing!

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Allie said...

Well I love Pat Sloan and I love your bag - win win post, Jocelyn! The fabrics you used are just perfect!

Lis Harwood said...

Love the bag in both colourways, thinks....have I got time to make one before I go on holiday?

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

The way you cut the fabric just pops out on the bag! Love it!
Mrs. Hearts

Cyndi said...

I love APQ.com, too! They offer such great free patterns all the time. Your tote came out absolutely adorable, Jocelyn! I love that fabric. Have been eyeing it for a while, so I just might have to get some for myself! Wonderful job!

XOXO,

Cyndi

noga quilts said...

Lovely bag! Thanks for the link, I might just make this bag too...

Susan said...

I'm with you...I love the AP&Q magazine and website! Both bags are great!

Talin's Corner said...

Your tote looks fabulous. It also looks really sturdy, great summer bag!

Crispy said...

What a cute tote!! LOVE the fabric :0)

Crispy

Dawn said...

So cute! You made some great fabric choices :)

andsewon said...

Me Too! Me Too! To all you said and to all the comments! Love me some red! That is a great summer tote!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! I am off to get that pattern - love your fabric choices!!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

trish said...

Oh how cute!!
Love your bag!
Sincerely, Trish

The Sunflower Patch said...

Love how your tote just pops!

rosie said...

That bag is gorgeous, thanks for sharing...