Saturday, August 13, 2011

Here's the scoop

Yes it is a Double Wedding Ring pattern. The Wedding Ring is made by using these -

I have sewn several strips of fabric together and then will sew them along the sewing line of the panel.

Cut each section on the cutting line and then turn with a Tube turner.

If you look closely, you can see the little hook at the end of the tube turner.

After the section is turned you press your strip sets onto your background fabric and then stitch! You can do a zig zag stitch with invisible thread or stitch close to the edge. Whichever you prefer. The Tube Turner and the Quiltsmart sheets are available at your Local Quilt shop. Or you can check online at www.quiltsmart.com. I think there are other patterns available as well.

Hope you have a Happy Quilting weekend!

12 comments:

Pat said...

Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt! What a neat idea for curve challenged people like me!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

I have some of these quiltsmart designs and have not attempted them. You sure made it look easy.

busyascanbe said...

Wow that looks like it makes it so much easier...looking forward to the quilt!
Have a great Day, Debbie

Unknown said...

I so could never do this! But you make it look easy. :)

~Liz

Quiet Quilter said...

I'm checking into this site right now!

Crispy said...

Oh so that's how it's done, I was wondering how the edges were turned under. Very interesting :0)

Crispy

Anonymous said...

I like easy! I had never seen the Fasturn in singles and wished JoAnns would carry them. I'll have to look.

Unknown said...

Never have been able to sew but sure love watching you ladies creations become beauties.

Would you be so kind to (& tell your friends) comment on my BLOG ONLY (emails don’t count), for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

QuiltSue said...

That's clever and is going to make a beautiful quilt in the fabrics you showed.

Snoodles said...

That looks like fun! Way more fun than the traditional way of making that block! Thanks for sharing with all of us! By the way, are you using a particular fabric line, or scrappy? Love your colors.
Jacque in SC

Ivory Spring said...

WOW! This is amazing, Jocelyn! I am so impressed!!!

DangAndBlast! said...

That's brilliant. I've got some Thangles (never tried them yet), and this looks just as clever.