Thursday, September 10, 2009

On the street where you live

Karen from The Selvage Blog has been touring around the world visiting where crafters live. Just thought I would give you a little peek into my little world.

We live in the suburbs of a very large city in Florida. It has grown by leaps and bounds over the last 25 years. But we have lived in our little cottage home for over 30 years.

There is a tree lined street that has seen so many changes in the years we have lived in this neighborhood...........

The trees however, just continue to share their shade.

We have a huge oak tree in our back yard. The children used to have a tree house up there, but it has been a few years since this tree commanded the troops over our fort.

My favorite spot in our yard is this little pond.....

It's just a quiet little spot, but I love to hear the water flowing. It is so refreshing to sit out there and just enjoy the water flowing over the cascade.

Tomorrow I'd like to take you on a little tour of some interesting spots around our city. Hope you will come back and join me.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

It's always good to remember why we love a place. You photographed it well!

karenshopes said...

Thankyou for sharing your place with us. I'll look forward to the next visit.
Karen

karenshopes said...

I've just noticed your followers is empty ? I know I'm following your blog have you had problems. I cant get the gadget to work on my blog if you look on my sidebar where the followers are there is an erro message. Any ideas?
Karen

karenshopes said...

Oh I cant believe that I've just looked again
and all your followers are back ........ I think its me that has problems. lol.... Sorry
for hijacking this post.
Karen

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I just love the trees with the moss in them. It was one of my favorite things when we lived in South Carolina

Jennwith4 said...

How beautiful thank you for sharing!

Allie said...

Lovely pics - I'll definitely be back to see more! I love your fountain, but I don't know if I could sit by it, I'd have to keep running to the loo......yikes!

Crispy said...

I love tree lined streets. I hate the thought of winter when those beautiful streets are lined with snow covered branches.

Crispy

julia said...

Lovely, I grew up on a maple tree lined street here in East Tennessee. I loved the fall when the leaves changed colors!! I really loved it when they started falling and we raked them up into piles and jumped in them. I also loved Halloween because the sidewalks were always covered with leaves and I could shuffle through them. Weird, I know. I also loved the smell of leaves burning. That's not allowed now, though.
We live on a major highway, now. Our house sits way back off the highway with a very long driveway though. We have more trees in the back than in the front, so I love sitting out on my deck and communing with nature. We have a pond that is almost out of site of our deck, but the deer like to drink from it so I get to see them.

Pamela said...

I lived in the south for a few years and loved it (TN.) Everytime I was able to visit Florida it brought a smile to my face. I love the street you live on.