Friday, June 9, 2017

It's all about the cuts

Making a quilt is always a bit of a brain thing. You need to measure twice before you cut once. I've had my share of mishaps over the years, but thankfully, most project were salvageable.

Case in point. I started making this quilt, but the directions were slim, and I assumed things that were not so. I ended up lacking a couple of rows of blocks because of my mistake.

However, in the end, I was able to save several of the blocks that I had not sliced, and ended up a lap size quilt.

The result -

 ta-da!

3 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Jocelyn,
~It's all about the cuts, about the cuts, about the cuts~ (i.e. it's all about the bass). Got that tune in your head now?! I love the quilt. The fabrics are just perfect! That dark green really shows off the pattern SO well. ~smile~
Roseanne

Allie-oops Designs said...

What an interesting and beautiful quilt! I'm impressed - can't quite wrap my head around how the pattern works, but it's pretty!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

A very pretty quilt! Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday!