Friday, June 16, 2017

Let's get inspired

Whenever we travel, I try to locate a quilt shop in the area. It's always fun to see what kind of quilts are being created.

On a recent trip in our traveling cottage, we landed in western Georgia.  I found the sweetest little quilt shop called Southern Stitches.

Located in Thomaston Georgia, the shop, although not very large, was warm and welcoming.
I chatted with the owner, Dana, before other people started coming into the shop. She was such a sweet gal. The shop has been open for about four years, and they are getting ready to move closer into town in the next few weeks. She tells me they need more space. Sounds like a good problem to have.





If we are ever back in that area, I would love to see what she does with her new shop. I always enjoy being inspired when I visit quilt shops.

And yes, I did purchase fabric. Although I have been trying to be very good, working down my stash and not buying (much) fabric. But who could resist.

This was tucked in with the patriotic fabric and it's from Timesless Treasures. 

I also purchased the fun cake fabric from Southern Stitches, the the others were a Hobby Lobby find. We do not have Hobby Lobby in our area, so when I find one when we travel, I like to check it out. Being a new grandma, I've been keeping an eye out for kids type fabrics. And now that we found out that grandbaby #3 is on the way, well, what's a grandma to do?  Yep, that's right...buy more fabric ;-)

Do you find inspiration when you visit a quilt shop? Do you seek out new shops when you travel? I love to see how patterns, sometimes old favorites like Yellow Brick Road, are worked with different fabrics.

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always try to pop in new shops if they are on the way. My family wont detour for them. I cant imagine why not?

Allie-oops Designs said...

What a darling shop - love the fabrics you picked up! That America quilt is really cute!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love to check out new shops when I travel.

A Colorful World said...

Wonderful shop! I love visiting them in different cities and seeing the different focus in each.