Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Chevron

Recently I watched a Youtube on making a Chevron quilt.  The demo was using a Layer Cake, but I thought I would try to make my own with 6" squares.


I picked out an assortment of fabrics.  Plus white background fabric.

Cut 6" strips and then again into 6" squares.

 
Pair up a white square with one of the color fabric squares.  Sew all the way around.

With your trusty rotary, cut the sewn square in an X.
Press your seams to the dark fabric.
Line up the Chevrons and start sewing the blocks together.
 

I will work on these blocks and see how large this quilt will turn out.  I cut two yards of white background, and various amounts of the red and blue.  

This is an easy and fun quilt to put together. Soooo....

5 comments:

Barb said...

easy.....and can't go wrong with the chevron..love it

Cathy said...

I love a scrappy chevron quilt and red, white and blue are my favorite. Hugs

Quilting Nonnie said...

That looks great! And easy, I'm tempted to put everything aside to make one of those. Of course, pulling out my Farmer's Wife UFO (only 14 blocks to go!) has already pulled me off to the side! I can't wait to see your finish.

LV said...

I love all quilts. Have so many, old and new. However, none were made by me. This one you are making sounds interesting. I really like your blog design.

margaret said...

this is coming along well though I do not like making HSTs this way due to the bias I tend to stretch it so make the 8 method instead which often means I have spare ones for my HST stash