Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Let's get organized

Even though I have not been doing much sewing or quilting lately, there are things going on in the sewing room.

I save lots of scraps, and they end up being deposited into a basket here, or there.

One day I said, "Enough!!"  I had purposed to head down to IKEA and buy one of those cute turquoise rolling bins.  But as I never made it down there, I ended up buying this.

It works great to stash the scraps and charm packs.  And it was a fraction of the cost :-)

Then there was the closet, which was totally unorganized.

(this is only the bottom shelf, as I already started reorganizing the upper shelves)

A few years ago, Karen at Sew Many Ways shared a post about organizing her Kitchen Cupboards.    She used Fabric boxes to hold all sorts of things. And the great thing is......... they were only $1.00!!  So I headed out to my Dollar Tree to see if they carried these boxes.  I found a large selection of the larger 11 x11" size. 

So here is how the closet looks now.

I may go back and see if they have the smaller boxes to fit the space in between.
 
Yep, much better!

4 comments:

Quilting Nonnie said...

I like your information on fabric boxes! They look quite dashing on your shelves. I have lots of scraps too. I keep on wanting to set aside a definite time each week to concentrate on sorting and cutting scraps. Hasn't happened yet, but a girl can hope, can't she?

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I need you at my house, but, you'd probably run, screaming, once you saw my sewing room and closet.

Jo said...

Looks a lot better. My friend made coloured scrap boxes out of her scraps. Any storage is better than stuffed on the shelf. Good work.

Karen S said...

Great ideas for storage. Well done on your aim to get organised.