Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A discovery

How excited could you be about paper towels? 

Pretty excited when you find them on the paper aisle, at 3:00 in the afternoon! 

So I'm in the grocery store, looking for ground meat (which has been scarse) and as I wander around I see the paper towels lined up right where they are supposed to be. Whoo-hoo! Yes we can only buy one package, but one is good, right?

And I have another discovery.  There has been no antibacterial soaps or sanitizers in our area for weeks. But I need dish soap. There on the same aisle I find this.

Can you read it? Antibacterial!  A double whoo-hoo!! So maybe you are having the same problem. Take a look at the dish soaps and see if they are stocking Palmolive antibacterial. I can fill my dispensers in the bathroom sinks as well.

And quilting, oh yeah. I've been quilting the baby quilts I'm making for Hands2Help Comfort Quilts

It's been quite a while since I've done any machine quilting and I feel kind of rusty. But hopefully I can get several of them quilted up for the challenge.

Hope you are having a happy quilting day!

5 comments:

SandyPA said...

I scored brand-name paper towels today! It is so surreal to be excited about something like that. Stay healthy! Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

QuiltShopGal said...

Really good finds. I didn't realize they had antibacterial dish soap. I'll definitely pick some up (when I can find it). I'm just finding empty shelves in my area. But we will all get thru this. Your new quilt is so cheerful.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Toilet paper.
I mean I never hoarded, but waaaay back in the olden days, early January I think, I got two huge packages of a zillion rolls because they were on sale. Then in March, I brought portions to my daughter and my other daughter (both with hubbs and kids each) and my dad (split up that one big pack) and now... we are set, but
I am not sure how long .... then I hear things on tv about supply panic.
Every time I go to the store, there is plenty of fruit, I like that I have been hoarding the navel oranges

Melanie said...

Thank you for your daily blessings, and for your upbeat blog post. Not all stores are stocked, and we have been able to order online because we are in a rural area. Let us all persevere and do our best to be kind, enjoy some humor, and stay safe.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I finally found a Dawn refill (4x strength, not regular Dawn)..I got paper towels a couple of weeks ago (only 2 rolls, and people looked at me like I was crazy, only buying 2 rolls). We still have toilet paper, since I always keep a couple large packages in the basement at all times. My son is now working as a stock boy at our grocery store, so he can bring items home when he gets off work (stocks overnight, so he can usually find what we are looking for). LOTS of fruits and veggies available. No one is buying them.