Monday, June 15, 2020

Finally!


The quilts have all been  mailed. It was quite a feat for me. My sewing machine kept giving me problems that I had never experienced before. I took it to the sewing machine shop. The guy looked at it and didn't say much. Just that he would tune it up. 

Ok, so I get the machine back, and it still is doing the loopy things on the back. So I take it back. And he says it's not the machine, it's the operator!  I sit there for 20 minutes as he tries it, and has me quilt in front of him, and says again, it's not the machine. Of course it didn't do it when he was standing right there (remind you of when you take the car to the shop and you tell the man there is a noise, but it never does it when he tries?).

So I came home, changed all the threads, slowed my quilting down, and it still does it! So tell me, how come after sewing on this same machine for 15 years, all of a sudden it is the operators fault. What is the problem!

Sigh!  I think I'm going to take a quilting break.

5 comments:

dortha said...

Sounds like you need to take your machine to someone else. I agree with you that it is not operator error especially after 15 years. Good luck. Have a great day.

Debbie said...

Loops on the bottom generally mean top tension problem. Is the thread slipping out of the tension disk or out of the thread guide? Starting too fast can make it jump. Re=threading or changing thread/needle should make it ok, not the same. Some service people refuse to hear us. Hope it gets solved.

Quilting Babcia said...

I know the feeling! If you're getting loops on the back especially with FMQ, it often is because the upper tension needs to be tightened a little to balance it with the bobbin tension. Don't know what kind of machine you're using but Janome makes a special bobbin holder especially for FMQ that has a looser tension preset into it. People say that really helps but I don't know if other machines have something similar. Good luck!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Needle. Did you change the needle? Yes, you probably did.
I suggest you do not go back to that guy.
I am happy he cleaned up your machine for you,
maybe try some different sewing. Youare fortunate to at least have someone you trust with your machine. .... I guess.
That was kind of a snarky comment he made though.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sorry about the machine troubles. I put one of mine in time out several years ago because it was misbehaving.