Thursday, February 11, 2021

The way it should be

 


Christina Suzann Nelson has such a compelling way of writing, you really become wrapped up with her characters and story. Such is the case of "The Way It Should Be."

Twin sisters Zara and Eve have not seen each other in ten years. A lot has happened during that time. Zara finds the love of her life and feels like she has been given a new start in life.

Eve on the other hand has made so many mistakes and poor choices. Drugs, men, pregnancy.... She is in so deep, she can't see her way out. But Eve is given a chance to change, with the help of Tiff Bradley. A woman who lost a daughter to drugs years ago. 

This story was one I couldn't put down. The way Nelson weaves these women together makes you want to root for their success. And it is so difficult. Especially since it involves Eve's two young children. So many tough decisions, and the strength needed to go forward. There are also questions. So much doubt that the reader comes to realize that this story could be about any family. It takes a lot of love to overcome the pain.

I've read Nelson's other two books and was just as blown away by how she can move me with her tasteful and excellent writing. 

I liked the review by Lisa Wingate. "Christina Suzann Nelson's beautifully written tale will have readers considering complex questions long after closing the cover." 

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author and publisher. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

1 comments:

Darlene S said...

Sounds like a good read. I'm adding it to my "to read list". Thank you for the review.