Thursday, October 7, 2021

Organization

 My sister in law started using the comic book boards to organize her fabric. I couldn't see doing that. Just didn't know if it would make much of difference.  

But then I began to see the light! When I was looking for a fabric and could not find it, it made sense to try to organize. 

The mess ...........



I have been using these IKEA bins for my fabric, and as you can see, it isn't really working.

So I bought a stack of 100 comic book boards and started wrapping the fabric. 

This isn't the best but it will work for me. I also found fat quarters to organize.


At least now I don't have to go running out and buy more fabric to complete a project. Which only compounded the problem.

Have you ever used the comic book boards? I found them to been sturdy and the fabric wrapped well. I can't stand my fabric up because of the wire racks in my closet. But I can see them just as well this way.

2 comments:

Darlene S said...

I haven't used the comic book boards, but have heard good things. You've inspired me to give them a try. Where did you find yours?

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yes, I use the comic book boards to wrap my fabric around. It's a great way to organize fabric. That said, I'm way behind on wrapping fabrics I've acquired over the last few years (they are sitting in boxes and old laundry baskets).