Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Time is short

 

One month ago, we received a phone call that no one wants t get. My nephew's wife had not been feeling well for some time. But the news they got was not good. She was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. And the cancer had spread to her brain.  Last Wednesday, she went to be with the Lord. Leaving a husband, and two young teenage daughters. It has rocked the family as we were all in shock.

We do not know how long we have here on earth. And something like this really reminds us that time is short.

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." Psalm 90:12

9 comments:

scottylover said...

So sorry for your loss. It's never easy, but losing someone young seems so much harder.

Sandy

D.L. Austin said...

🙏🙏

Nicole said...

I am so sorry about your family's loss. I hope your memories and your faith are a comfort to you.

Beth said...

My heartfelt sorrow for you and your family. God bless you all with his comfort.

Darlene S said...

Oh Jocelyn, I'm so very sorry. My heart and prayers to you, your nephew, his family and your entire extended family. So sad and seems so unfair. Times like this I wish I had Pixie Magic Dust which I can sprinkle and make this loss go away, like a bad dream.

Allie-oops Designs said...

I am so very sorry my dear Jocelyn, I am holding your family close in my prayers....

kupton52 said...

I am so sorry and you and your family have my deepest sympathy. In view of eternity our lives here are but a moment. All the more reason to redeem the time---love our families, love those who persecute us and despitefully use us, love our enemies and love the Lord. Blessings from West Virginia.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Catherine said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Sending prayers to your family. When we completes God's work, he calls us home no matter our age. I have had to give one back to God at age 29. Noone knew he was sick, not even himself. It's sad and it's hearts breaking. May God bring g your family comfort and peace through your family's transition