Thursday, February 3, 2022

Keep it clean

Keeping the plate clean on your iron can be troublesome at times.


I've used a product I bought from JoAnn's to clean my iron, which works fine, but can be pricey. My biggest problem appears to be the plate seems scorched in places. 

I recently found something that works not only on the scorch marks but on gunk that may accumulate on my iron.

Using a damp Magic Eraser I found that it works on removing every mark on the iron face plate. I had to use a little more pressure on the indention's as they were pretty well baked. 

But wa-la!!!

Clean iron!! 

4 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love the Magic Eraser too!! It always amazes me that it works so well. :-)

Elaine S. said...

Who knew! Thanks, I'm going to try this!

carol l mckenna said...

What a great idea ~ Xo

Wishing you joy in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Sherrill said...

Oh yeah, been using Magic Eraser for years and always does a great job!! Happy ironing--LOL