Monday, May 16, 2022

Life with boys

 Brothers, Kids, Family, Fun, Childhood


Thirty years ago, our last child was born. A boy. Ten years younger 
than our first born girl, and seven than our middle son.

Having two boys was a challenge for me. I grew up without a 
father, and having no brothers, was totally clueless about the 
nature of the male species. So when these little boys came into 
our family, I had no idea what I was in for.

pictures courte
sy of Pixabay Toddler, Child, Kid, Infant, Playing

Things start our small. Like climbing and making mud



















 pies in the sand box.

But before I knew it, things escalated.  

They go from this...
 Kid, Child, Young, Childhood, Happiness
 
...to this
As Children, River, Enjoy, Water

 and... 
Water Fight, Children, Water, Play

My memory serves me when my middle son decided that he would 
take his Dad's golf clubs and hit a few. His one mean stroke sailed 
through the air, and went right through my bedroom window. 

Yes, boys. They are a breed of their own. 
Boy, Playing, Leaves, Autumn, Child, Fun
 Fish, River, Boy, Water, Landscape

 Baseball, Runner, Scoring, Sliding

 Swimming, Children, Pool, Boys, Water


 Brothers, Boys, Boy, Play, Children

pictures courtesy of Pixabay 

But life sure would be dull without them.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

I love this post. As a mother of 2 boys I can relate. Hugs

Darlene S said...

Too cute. Boys are truly a breed of their own. I think my nephew was ~2pm when his favorite toy was an electric can opener that he had to take every place with him. It was broken when it was given to him, but somehow it started working. Later, his Fav toy was an old vacuum cleaner, which he also liked to take everyplace.

Jenny said...

Lovely memories indeed.

Lori said...

I also have two boys (and two girls), the youngest of whom will be 38 in a few days. But, I grew up with five brothers (and seven sisters). The thing about boys is that they "tag-team" you in a way that girls just don't seem to do. And, it's almost always for the mischievous stuff. God bless them all!

straythreads said...

Ya gotta love ‘em. There is never a dull moment with boys I have 2 also 20 months apart

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I also have 2 boys. They were (and still are) fun!