Friday, May 13, 2022

Welcome to Pemberly

 


Do you love to read? Does a good book take you to a different 
place and time? I used to read a lot when I was young. 
Reading was a friend that I could take with me everywhere 
and absorb my mind with adventure.

In the last few years I have fallen in love with the stories of 
Jane Austen. I met the Bennett family when my daughter
brought home the 2005 video of Pride and Prejudice. What 
a story. I had to have more. So I bought the book. Not just 
the Pride and Prejudice book, but the whole collection of
Jane Austen works.
 
And then there are these links that just fuels the fire :-)

Republic of Pemberly
Jane Austen Today

And be sure to read this post - Elizabeth's Love for Darcy."

Miss Austen's life continues to remain surreptitious. Her 
sister burned all of her letters after Jane died. So we will 
never really know what was lying deep in her heart. But 
you can be sure, she knew about love, and the intricacies 
of a tangled web relationship that has survived through 
the years.

"Her thoughts were all fixed on that one spot of Pemberley
House, whichever it might be, where Mr. Darcy then was. 
She longed to know what at that moment was passing in 
his mind; in what manner he thought of her, and whether,
in defiance of every thing, she was still dear to him."

Enjoy your weekend! And take time to get lost in a 
good book :-)

1 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have the movie, but I've never watched it. I haven't read her books, either. One of these days I'll have to change that. I do love reading, and read all the time. Some books are harder to put down than others.