Thursday, February 23, 2023

New Project

 I recently learned about an organization that makes Quilts for Kids. 

In my quest to use up fabric I am going to make quilts that will be donated to this group  I discovered there is someone in our area who collects the quilts, so that makes it easy on not having to mail them.

Last year before I fell, I was making quilts to give for Hands to Help Quilting Challenge.  That all went by the wayside after my fall and eventual physical therapy.  But I had started two quilts already.'


I also have plans to do something with this fabric.


Hoping to bring a smile to a child's face.
Happy Quilting!


5 comments:

Joyce Carter said...

That fabric is so cute Jocelyn. Some little guys are going to love this.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have some of that stripe that you are using for the borders in the top quilt. Glad you are sewing again.

Maureen said...

Your 2 quilts will certainly be enjoyed by children! I especially like the old times look of the western one. I oohed and aahed over the trucks fabric waiting it’s turn for your talented sewing. I hope you will show us what you make with that too.

CathieJ said...

Those quilts will surely bring smiles to little faces.

carol l mckenna said...

OH how wonderful that you found a place nearby to make your quilts for children ~ a gift for both you and the receiver as you are very talented and creative ~ Wow!

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)