Saturday, March 4, 2023

So sad

Have you ever seen a pattern made up and fell in love with it on sight? 


I saw this pattern made up at a local quilt shop. When I asked about it, they were sold out. But told me I could order it online.

 So I ordered the pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I thought I would be able to use a layer cake that I won over at the Villa Rosa Quilts blog hop. 

Unfortunately it does not use a layer cake. And it has a lot of different size squares to cut from fabric. Some as many as 94!  Have you ever had something like this happen? I don't think there would be enough fabric in the layer cake to make the pattern work. And I'm not real good at converting sizes.

3 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

One of the many reasons I don't like pre-cuts. I tend to buy yardage, and always more than the pattern calls for. Sorry. It's a pretty layer cake and pattern.

dgs said...

That is a really lovely quilt pattern and also a lovely layer cake. Shame that won't easily work well together. For me, it is easier to search for layer cake patterns and find one I like for a layer cake. Moda Bakeshop also has many free-layer cakes. I'm actually wanting to make Gingerbread, with a layer cake I have (free pattern at Moda Bake Shop. Also, check out The Carpenter's Apprentice Pattern, by Eva Paige. I made it with a Layer Cake and a bit of extra yardage to turn it into a full-size quilt. I also love her according piecing technique.

kathy said...

Yes and have many times done the conversion mostly there is not enough for all the setting triangles but by cutting differently I can make it work