Thursday, December 30, 2010

Top 10 in 2010

We are coming to the end of 2010. For me it has been a year of adventure and detours. For years we talked about building a home on lakefront property that we own. And for years, there has always been a reason not to. So we started looking at already built houses. We looked for almost a year before we found the one that became "our" home.

Now let me say that we did not really expect to find this house. My hubby decided to have a new roof put on our old house, and we replaced the AC unit last December. New appliances replacing the aging ones and a floor remodel in our laundry room when the washer decided to spring a healthy leak.

When we walked into the new house for the first time, we all fell in love. BUT being the family accountant, I knew we couldn't buy it. I did not set me heart on it. However, it just kept coming back. The owners had put this house on the market a year ago with no offers. Took it off the market and then decided to try again. Here is where we entered in. When we made our first offer it was WAY lower then their list price. They countered, but it was still too high. So we countered again. Their realtor basically said, if you can't meet our price, don't bother to come back. Death of a vision.

Not having set my heart on this house made it easier to let it go. But it was still lingering in the back of my mind. We compared it with any other house we looked at. After a month went by, my hubby called our realtor and asked him what could we do about the house? Wise realtor that he was he said, make another offer! So we did. And they took it!!!!

So amid packing and moving, there was not much creating going on. After being in the new house for a month, I had another little detour. A fall resulting in a compression fracture of my spine.

So now what seems like months and months, I am finally getting back into the full swing of life.

And yet there were some things accomplished!


Madeline



Sunday Best


Roundabout


Table runner

Strings

Cubed Lattice


Anita's Arrowhead


SMS giveaway

Not to mention the fun Mug Rugs!




And more to come in 2011.

Have a happy quilting day!

26 comments:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I understand the stresses of moving...wheew. You still managed to accomplish quite a lot in 2010, everything is lovely...cannot wait to see what you show us in 2011! ;)

Cindy said...

So much in 2010...and you still managed to sew alot of beautiful things, Jocelyn.

You deserve a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Wow - lots going on - and you still made so many pretty things! Can't wait to see what you make in 2011! Wishing you a very Happy New Year in your new home!

John'aLee said...

I'm so happy you got your house! Wow! I'm impressed with all you got done...back troubles and all! Amazing!

Stephanie Hughes said...

That is wonderful! Good for you withthe new house. Here's to a new year in your new home. Lots of things to celebrate! Steph

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - busy and fun year. What an adventure.

Anne Sutton said...

I'm in love with your house. It's like a picture perfect image. It's a dream house! Once you recover from your injury you will settle in and accomplish so much with a house like that to sew in! Congratulations!

Quiet Quilter said...

I looked at the first Mug Rug and said,'why did she put eggs on the rug??" They are so real! Also, I have to get some more white! I love the freshness of your projects!

Loris said...

What a full year you have had! And really, so much accomplished even in the midst of setbacks. Your home really does look like a dream home especially with those beautiful big trees around it. And your quilts are also beautiful and actually do show quite a bit of good work. I hope your back continues to mend and allows you to enjoy yourself immensely.
Happy New Year!

Linda said...

What a happy ending! Your house is just beautiful! I love your quilt parade. Each one is just gorgeous! A very Happy New Year to you!

Sinta Renee said...

The house was worth waiting for! You accomplished wonderful things this past year! Happy New Year to you!

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I love your new house and thankful that you continued to pursue it. I pray your back is totally healed and for you quilts-they are amazing(I hope someday to have such creativity). I especially loved Madeline and of course the give away.
Happy New Year and the richest of blessings to you.
Hugs, Noreen

Crispy said...

You have gotten a lot accomplished in 2010 considering moving and your poor back!! So many pretty projects!! I am totally in love with Madeline, red is a perfect color in my book but I just love everything about this piece :0)

Crispy

Allie said...

I'm amazed at all you got done with such a busy year hon, moving alone is quite the stressor, let alone taking a fall like that! I wish you all the best in the new year, full of health and prosperity and all creative goodness!

LV said...

If that picture is of your new house, it is just great. I can see why you fell in love with it. I love all your handwork. Quilts are my passion, but do not make them.

SewCalGal said...

You have had a busy year, but with such wonderful results. I love your new home and all your beautiful quilts too. Oh, how I want to make more Schnibbles. To think I got hooked on Schnibbles from you (thank you).

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Ivory Spring said...

You had a most productive year, Jocelyn!

annieb said...

Your dream home is beautiful as are your quilts. Glad you are on the mend, and all the best for 2011.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh I'm so very glad you hung in there and got a house that you love....there is a wonderful feeling living in a home that you know makes you smile.

Smiles,
Kelly

CJ said...

What a great story to go with your pretty new house. I'd love to see what your view is.
You created some beautiful projects this year!

quiltingnana said...

sounds like a good 2010....may 2011 be even better

Unknown said...

Am walking in your footsteps, Jocelyn ... looking now to down size. I so love the front of your home & the walkway, but the interior is gorgeous. Got any rooms for rent, chuckle! Kidding ...

Thank you for your wonderful friendship, look forward to many wonderful moments with you to come, my friend.

I wish you the best of joys, life & loves this New Year.
Hugs of love,
Marydon

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Here's to a wonderful new year Jocelyn!

Sparky said...

What an absolute quilting blitz you had this year...I sew look forward to seeing much more...You are now on the blog roll..psst..I think you know where ...Happy New year Love

andsewon said...

You have really had quite the year in 2010 but I am here to wish you even "MORE BETTER" in 2011!!
Happy New Year to you and your family!!!
Hugs,
Lola

ranette said...

Love the new house, but I'm sorry about your injury!

I think you did a lot in 2010 and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2011 brings for you.