Saturday, July 9, 2016

Quilts in the Library?

A wonderful place for finding quilting publications is my local library. I am sometimes amazed at what they offer.

This for instance......

Although I am not a new quilter, I thought it would be fun to watch Alex and catch any hints she might share.

I am a new knitter, and I do much better "seeing" rather than reading directions.

And of course there are always these...........

Whenever I am running around doing errands, if I know there is a library close at hand, I will stop in and see what is offered under catalog #746.

I enjoy looking at these books for color study and it's fun to see how designers present their patterns. I may not actually make a quilt, but it is lots of food for thought. In our library system, I can check out the books for 3 weeks, and extend for another 3 weeks via my computer. I can also look online and have something I want sent to my local branch if it's in the county system.

So don't let this valuable resource go unnoticed. Libraries also carry current Quilt magazines.

Enjoy your weekend, and Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Perfect timing! I just got back from the library and checked out Simply Retro by Camille Roskelley. Unfortunately most of the books at my library are REALLY old and not very inspiring.

margaret said...

Like you I use the library to check out the quilting books etc, the DVD looks interesting shame our library does not have them and they do not get the quilting magazines either Think maybe I will have to see if the DVD is available on line to buy