Wednesday, December 5, 2018

The Peppermint Tree

 Day 5

 Many years ago a friend and I made Peppermint Tree table decorations for a Christmas luncheon. Over the years I've made the trees to give as gifts. They are great for co-workers, friends, teachers or for the person who has everything :-)

Start with these basics -



I've always used hairpins, but you can use straight pins too.  I like the hairpins best because you can just pull a candy off the tree and the pin stays in place. You don't have to worry about discarding a straight pin.

Start with the bottom layer


 You can make the candies as tight or loose as you prefer.  I like to leave a little space between rows.

The closer you get to the top, you will need to angle the pins into the styrofoam.  
Cut pieces of thin green ribbon and pull them into a knot (not too tight) 
 then insert another hairpin


 which goes right into the tree.

Put as many or as few ribbons into the tree as you like.  I loop ribbon into another hairpin and stick it into the top of the tree.
I've shared The Peppermint Tree before, but it seems to be a nice project for the Christmas season. Either as a centerpiece, a gift, or a fun treat to put on a desk in an office. Enjoy!

Can I get a Whoop Whoop?

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Well, it’s very cute. Glad you shared it again.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I haven't seen one of these in sooo long...ou brought happy memories back. THANK YOU!

Jo said...

These always make the table look good.

Lisa said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My mother used to make these, when I was growing up. Tasty!