Thursday, February 21, 2019

Postage Please

Have you ever had a quilt that you always wanted to make? One that just keeps rumbling around in your head? For years I have wanted to make a Postage Stamp quilt. The first glimmer of inspiration came from this book -

I bought this book new back in 1983, when my MIL showed me how to make yo-yo's. But the quilt that really caught my eye was this one -


I was always fascinated with this Postage Stamp Quilt. It measures 83 1/2" square, using all kinds of 1 1/2" squares. I'm not sure I am up to making a quilt using 3216 squares! And that was just the scrappy fabrics, not including the accent colors.
What about you? Do you have a quilt you dream about that keeps coming back to your mind?

5 comments:

Barb said...

That is an amazing quilt. I have always wanted to do a Dear Jane quilt.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I've never made a postage quilt either.. it is on my bucket list, as is the Farmer's wife, Dear Jane, a basket quilt.. and oh, dear too many!!! xx

Elaine Adair said...

Quilt Around the World, with thos 1.5 in. squares. I doubt if it will be made but ... just in case I end up in a nursing home with a needle and thread and fabric, I'll have something to do with myself. 8-))) Elaine Adair

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I want to make the OhMyGosh quilt.

Allison said...

My dream quilt is a Bargello - not sure if I'll ever have the patience to cope with all those strips - will need a big 'Do Not Disturb' notice on my sewing room door!