Monday, May 10, 2021

Once Upon A Royal Summer

 


Enchanting. That's what I thought about Once Upon A Royal Summer. A Hallmark novel, written by Teri Wilson.

Lacey lives her dream job as Princess Sweet Pea at a Florida fairy tale theme park. During one of her tea parties at Ever After Castle she meets a single dad that turns out to be a real Prince. 

Henry, crown prince of Bella-Moritz, takes his young daughter on a trip to Florida to fulfill her birthday wish. Seven year old Rose has had a hard time and appears to still be grieving the loss of her mother. Henry, a widower, plans this trip to the theme park, trying to fit in as normal tourists. 

This story is sweet and funny, with a touch of romance. By the near end of the book, I was rooting for Lacey. All the characters were charming. I have really enjoyed reading the Hallmark books. Terri Wilson has a beautiful way of engaging the reader into her story. I could envision someone like Fiona Gubelmann or Jessy Schram playing Lacey in this Hallmark movie. 

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from Hallmark Publishing and NetGalley. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Darlene S said...

Sounds like a sweet read. I'll add it to my summer reading list.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

This one sounds sweet. We need sweet.