Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Carved in Stone

 

Whenever Elizabeth Camden publishes a book, it always gets my attention. Carved in Stone is the first in the Blackstone Legacy series. A historical romance set in the 1900's in New York City. 

Patrick O'Neil is a scrappy lawyer living on the wrong side of the city. He defends the poor and down trodden, usually take wages by barter. Gwen Blackstone Kellerman is an elegant refined lady, who approaches Patrick about a case he is defending. Mick Malone is writing a book, bashing the Blackstone family. Gwen's brother was kidnapped when he was a toddler and she feels Mick got away with the crime. 

The story is so interesting, as Ms. Camden always writes with so much history intertwined among the fiction. I have learned something in every book she has written. The facts are always so fascinating when you come to the end of her books. I could not put this book down. 

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the Publisher and NetGalley. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

1 comments:

Darlene S said...

Sounds like a fun read. I have added it to my summer reading list. Thank you.