Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Good new, fun news, and the bad news

 Well we've had a busy week. First up I did some sewing and quilting.

My Bernina made some progress on a child's quilt. Lots of colors. I thought I would do decorative stitching, but at the last I changed my mind and just went for straight.

Next up, my sweet hubby gave me these gorgeous flowers.

Aren't these sunflowers amazing! I don't know where they grow them this big, but the arrangement was beautiful.

My little granddaughter was supposed to start kindergarten on Tuesday, but there were some delays and it looks like it will be another week or so before she starts.

Doesn't she look excited?

And now on to the bad news. About a month ago my car died. Yes, it died. Like it needs a new motor. And they are not to be found because of the little thing that is held up in another country. So we have been car shopping. I think I dislike car shopping almost as much as I dislike furniture shopping. Did you know there are fewer and fewer cars available because of the same little part that comes from another country? And the price of even a used car is going through the roof.  Supply and demand.

How was your week?


8 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh my, your grand daughter is such a cutie! Love the bright colors of the fabric you're working with and the lovely flowers... so sorry about your car,.. I hope you can find something affordable xx

Terry said...

Your granddaughter is adorable! Mine starts kindergarten on Friday. She's excited too! :0)

Darlene S said...

So sorry to hear about your car. I've been listening to the news about new and used car prices going thru the roof. If we lived closer I would happily loan you my car. 10 years old, but low mileage and runs fine. I hope you can fine something you love at a reasonable price.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your granddaughter is a sweetie and so glad to hear that she is excited for school. Sorry to hear about your car. I am the same way- I do not like car shopping. I so hope you have luck on finding the perfect vehicle . Have a lovely week.

Elaine Adair said...

Buying a car - I first decided sorta what I wanted size-wise, then went to one of New or Used car searches. I may have used Car Fax, don't remember for sure, and actually their method to help break down what I was looking for helped ME decide - you know how many woman are not sure what they want/need. It was so much easier than looking/driving/searching in person. I had never bought a car on my own, but the computer made it so easy. My exact car that I wanted, was found, a decent used, at a decent price and within driving distance. When I saw it, tried it out, exactly as advertised. EASY-PEASY! Good luck.

Allie said...

Gorgeous flowers, and your granddaughter is so adorable!!!! Too awful about your car - we never buy new, never have, usually we find great deals on ebay through dealerships. We prefer older cars without that little part from the other country, lol.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh the flowers are gorgeous! Great hubby ~ and your little grand daughter is adorable and precious ~ Good luck car shopping ~ sigh. Xo

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

She is a cutie! We really need to be making things in our own country. China has too much control over us since they make so many of our products. I don't like car shopping, either. I'm hoping the chip shortage ends soon, since I will need to be car shopping in another 1-2 years.