Saturday, August 21, 2021

What a week!

 This past week I have been staycationing with my hubby. I put my foot down last week when he came home, dragging from work. We have been car shopping, as my car died about a month ago. This is what I have been driving. Nice and big, when I had my kids at home. 


So there were decisions that needed to be made. What kind of car, and how old, as we aren't into buying new cars. Did you know that there aren't even any new cars available because of the elusive computer chip that is being held up in another country. So we have visited CarMax, Ferman Chevy, Toyota, Hertz sales. Nothing so far that meets our spending power.

Anyway, we have had an enjoyable week, looking at cars, eating lunch out, doing a bit of shopping. I'm still searching for inspiration for my sewing mo-jo :-(  I don't know why I can't find it, but I have seen others on the blogs who are experiencing the same thing. Could this pandemic be the culprit? 

4 comments:

Rosemary B❤️ said...

The car struggle is real! I hope you can find something soon. It is always difficult when the supply is low. You can always rent a car when you must have one.

Allie said...

We don't buy new cars either - and have found Toyota to be the most dependable. I did wonder when the car shortage would hit here, as it's been ongoing in Australia for a very long time!
It might be the pandemic causing the loss of sewing mojo - I lost mine and it looks like it's never coming back, lol. That's ok! Enjoy what you do, no matter what it is.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Enjoy the hunt. My daughter ended up buying her daughter a small new car. She said the used cars have really gone up this year.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What you used to have is what I want to get again, next time. I didn't have much choice last time I got a car, since mine died on a trip. I had to go smaller, but it doesn't work well for me, since I haul so many sewing machines around for demo's, etc, and since all our family live out of state, and I travel to see them (I'm not a lite packer, and they send stuff back home with me that needs to fit in the vehicle). Good luck with your search.