Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Storing projects

 I have been quilting for a long time. And you know what? I'm still learning something new. 

Recently I have been following Pat Sloan and her January challenge. She started talking about storing her fabric and she gave me a wonderful idea to store projects.

I found these boxes in the craft store in the scrapbook section. They work great to store your pattern and fabric together. I've been guilty of buying fabric for a specific pattern and then after a while, I don't know where the pattern is, or the fabric I bought. This makes it easy to keep everything together. Have you ever found yourself in that situation?

Thanks Pat. It's a great idea.


4 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've been using those boxes for years. Hubby built me a storage 'wall' in my sewing room closet, and there is special space for that size box. They are great!

JustGail said...

I have those boxes, they work great. They work even better when labeled so you can see what project is in it without rooting through the stack. When I'm out of empty boxes, it's time to finish some projects instead of getting more boxes.

dgs said...

I used these boxes for years then switched to ArtBin which is a little thicker plastic and has a handle. I like keeping all the project supplies, including the pattern together. And JoAnns often has them on sale (or coupon) for 50-60% off. I like the wire racks you have.

Anonymous said...

I use these also. I like to put a copy of my pattern in the project box and the original back in my pattern file. I can then mark changes or check off steps as they are done.