Monday, January 9, 2023

Using scraps

Over the years I have saved scraps. I just cannot throw away fabric that I could use one day. But lately, I just don't seem to find a project to use them. I've been watching Pat Sloan and her January challenge. She talks about using her 2 1/2" squares for a free quilt. So it gave me the idea to try to organize my scraps into useful squares. 

Right now I am cutting them into 2 1/2" squares.

Cutting them with my "GO" baby really helps to be accurate and quick.  


I know I am a long way from having enough to make a quilt, but it is a start. Later I may also cut 5" squares and 2 1/2" strips. 

2 1/2" strips can also make for a quick and easy quilt. Jenny Doan did a tutorial on making them.

Have you ever made the checkerboard quilt using your scraps?

 

0 comments: