Friday, December 8, 2023

Free motion quilting

Free motion quilting on my DSM has always been a bit of a challenge for me.  I keep practicing and working on trying new pathways.  One day I came across a video that gave me a little more help.  You can find it on Amy's Free Motion Quilting blog.

I discovered that I may be going too fast when I am quilting.  As I watched Amy's video I could see how she has much more control then I have, and it is mostly because she is going at a slower speed. 

I know it's a little hard to see the stitching on this fabric, but I did feel a lot more control by slowing down.  I also set my machine for 1/2 speed. I hope Amy's video will help you too!

Happy Stitching.

1 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'm not good at free motion quilting. I think you need to be able to draw to free motion, since it is like drawing with thread. I can work a long arm (wish I had one) but it's harder to move the fabric, easier to move the machine with handles.