Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Teacup Tuesday

Kim over at Shabby, Pink and Pretty is again hosting Teacup Tuesday.

This dainty little teacup almost did not make it home with me. I found this cup and saucer on one of our trips to the windy city. We actually drove up into Wisconsin to the town of Racine. There were several really interesting places to browse for treasures. We found the Antique mall that was in the old school house. Rooms upon rooms of wonderful old things. After we had spent quite a bit of time in the old school house, we were heading out of town when we saw a sign for a thrift store. It was in the basement of an old church. It was not a very large place, but it was filled with lots and lots of glass ware. I found this cup and saucer, with the marking "Lorraine" Made in England. I almost left it, because the cup was very heavily stained on the inside. But the cute little flowers just beckoned me to "please take me home". The ring of flowers are decorated all around the inside of the cup.

I could just imagine a whole service of this lovely china.
So to my delightful surprise, on our recent trip to Georgia, I found two more cups of this very same pattern. No saucers, but the two teacups are in perfect condition. No grazing and no stains!

So now the mission, if I choose to accept it, is to find two more saucers to match these delightful teacups that I have added to my collection.

Please stop over at Kim's blog and visit the other Teacup Tuesday offerings.

Have a wonder filled day!

14 comments:

Crispy said...

Jocelyn, you might check e-bay. I had bought a china set but wanted the gravy boat, serving bowls and coffee pot, I found them all on e-bay. Of course having an excuse to cruise antique and thrift shops is much better LOL.

Crispy

Bunny said...

Love your teacup story. I do hope you find two more saucers for those cups. I will be on the lookout for you too.

bettyp said...

The Tea Cups are adorable!!
I love looking at flea-markets . You jst never know what you will find .

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

What a pretty set, and I just love the shape of that creamer. I hope you can find the other two saucers.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Pretty, set you have. I just love teacups and saucers. There so dainty and girly.
Thanks for the congrats on my win of the calendar. That was very nice of you.
Hugs

Micki said...

They are such romantic teacups...lovely!
Micki

blushing rose said...

Go to www.replacementltd.com ... everything you need is there, my friend. Love the teacup & yesterday's post ... Hugs, Marydon

Julia said...

So pretty!

Kim said...

Oooooooh how pretty!! What great finds. Sure hope you will find the matching saucers someday and maybe if you're really lucky a few desert plates as well.

AverettLadyNana said...

Such a pretty cup and saucer. Hope you have luck finding the two saucers needed for the other two cups.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope you find a matching set! I love tea cup that are printed on the inside - so pretty!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Oh, I've got to join Teacup Tuesday also!! I have some pretty ones. It's late now and I've already posted today. Wish I had been on your blog before I posted. I wracked my brain (had to look up spelling by googling it - lots of other people also didn't know how to spell it - wrack or rack) for something to post. After the 100th party I've lost focus. Sheeshh...you'd think I'd be relieved!! Take care, Loved visiting. Linda

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Jocelyn, this is what is so much fun on collecting something. The hunt. Pretty designs on the teacup set.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Nanette said...

So pretty, I am glad you decided to bring the cup on home with you. It is fun to be able to pick up more too!
Valerie