Thursday, June 18, 2009

Peace

First I want to thank everyone for the very lovely comments on my selvage doll dress. It was such a fun project, and of course the cell phone holster was so necessary. My hubby looked at the holster, and just couldn't believe it :-)

Last night I had a bit of scare. I started having flashing lights in one of my eyes, and a round patchy thing where I could not see. I became very concerned and even was shaking a bit. This morning I called my eye Doctor, who of course was booked solid. So I went in to see one of his associates. She was a very nice young doctor who looked in my eyes in every possible way and angle. The verdict was that my eyes were perfectly fine, except for maybe being a little dry. She told me that I had a visual phenomenon called Migraine Scotoma or "scintillating scotoma". I guess in other words it was like a migraine in your eye. Apparently it happens mostly when under stress or lack of sleep. The paper she gave me said that migraine episodes usually are triggered by some kind of stress. And (get this) most often occur in people who are intelligent, hardworking, and compulsive. I have never thought of myself as compulsive, but there has been a little stress around here from time to time.

Anyway, I am just SO grateful that my eyes are healthy and there was nothing to be done. God has blessed me with a healthy body that HE made. My prayer today was "Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".

I will leave you with this beautiful picture that I took last night after a long hard rain............




Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.

14 comments:

Darlene said...

I'm glad to hear that there was a good diagnosis however this might be a sign for you to slow down a little! Take a little time for you! Leaving you a little ((HUG))

Helen said...

I'm so glad you are ok. As a good friend of mine told me when I was stressing over an upcoming surgery, the anxiety and worry is the devil at work.

I used to get something similar to what you described. Mine always seemed to happen during canning season. I would sit at the table, preparing bushels of whatever it was I was working on.

So glad you got to see the doctor to ease your mind.

Hugs

Helen said...

PS...your picture is beautiful. Skies like that make me feel so full of the Holy Spirit.

blushing rose said...

Jocelyn ~ How scary, but so very grateful it was nothing more serious. Love the exquisite sky pic.

The piece I posted is not my writing ... I've been on here all day explaining ... I have friends that send occasionally something they would like posted, or that I find absolutely needing viewed by the world. I always put a TY to the person at the bottom of the post. Today was a friends ...I wish I could take credit for the thought, if I had thought of them I would have written it.

You take care, my friend. TTFN ~ Marydon

Tammy said...

What a beautiful picture!
I once had the same eye problem and was told the same. I tend to be a worrier, stress and fret about things but am trying harder these days not to...I find that Psalm 91:4 brings me peace, I just love that verse.
Feel better and hugs2U!

Crispy said...

I'm so happy that it was nothing serious!! Love the picture!!

Crispy

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I am so glad you do not have a serious illness..How scarey. Your posting and photos made my day...Rest today, please.

Pat

Pat said...

I"m glad it was nothing serious with your eyes! GOOD points made in your post today.

Cathy said...

I am glad that there wasn't anything really serious wrong with your eyes.....but how scary! Your picture is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Cathy

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I am glad that your eyes are good. When I get stressed out I like to think about St. Teresa's Bookmark, if you don't have a copy of it let me know I can email it to you.

Lindsey said...

Thank goodness you'll be OK...I think it's interesting the different ways our bodies react to stress. Take care of yourself Jocelyn!

Dresden Quilter said...

I am glad to hear that you are okay.

Selvage Quilter said...

I'm glad your eye is okay! Please take extra good care of yourself.

And that includes a little extra quilting time.

Best wishes.
Karen

Amy Friend said...

Oh no! I just got a minute to catch up on your blog and read this. It must have given you quite the scare. I am so glad that everything appears to be ok!