Wednesday, June 24, 2009

There's more

Crispy from CrispyQuilts kind of challenged me to dig out some of my other ufo's when I showed the summer quilt a week or so ago. So here you go Crispy.....

I made this quilt top back when I was doing some tea dying. I tea dyed the muslin blocks to make them look like old fabric.



I've tea dyed before, but this one was meant to look splotchy.

Now this little beauty I really love. I think the pattern is called Magic Trip. It is a variation of the quilt around the world. It was so incredibly easy, and it turned out so big!! But I just love the floral fabric.

A little closer look at the fabrics.

And the yummy floral!

Here is a rare thing for me. An applique top. I need to decide on some kind of border.

A little closer look.

And speaking of Applique work, I would like for you to go over and meet Dety at Patchwork arteblog. She does such beautiful applique work. Be sure to scroll down to some older posts. Even though we do not speak the same language, haven't you found that quilting is a universal language :-)

oh-oh Crispy, I think I see more ufo's lurking. Somehow I've got to get busy with the quilting part. Sigh........ too much pretty fabric to play with.

10 comments:

Fee said...

OMG Why is the floral quilt "Magic Trip" still a UFO? It would be on my bed in a flash. It is just gorgeous. You do very beautiful work.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Great UFOs. It really does feel good to pull them out and finish. Magic Trip is gorgeous.

Molly said...

All of these are so pretty and will be even prettier when quilted! Thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice comment on my blog.

Crispy said...

Oh goody, sounds like more stuff to be seen soon LOL. I'm pretty sure that I didn't say you had to actually finish them, as that would be like the pot calling the kettle black, but I love that you dug them out to show me...er I mean us :0)

The Magic Trip quilt was a wonderful way to showcase those beautiful florals. Actually, I like the applique quilt as is...it has a finished look to it. Of course you could do an applique border LOL.

Crispy

Kim D. said...

Beautiful Quilt tops.. That Crispy can be such an inspiration.. Found your blog through Crispy.. Love to see the eye candy..

Julia said...

When I saw the floral I thought that it couldn't get any better, but then I saw the appliqued one and I don't know which I like best! I love both of them so much!

Julia said...

Oh yeah I really like that first one too. I've done some tea dying. It's pretty cool how it transform your fabrics.

bettyp said...

I do love that floral fabric !!
Good job on the applique too!
bp

andsewon said...

Beautiful just beautiful!!!!
Better to be at this stage of UFO than fabric still sitting on the shelf!!!

blushing rose said...

Exquisite creation ... you are amazing. TY for the ear yesterday ... TTFN ~ Marydon