Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer quilt

Have you ever started working on a quilt and decided right from the start that you didn't like it?? I usually don't like to work with fabric that isn't appealing to me. But it does happen, right??

Several years ago I bought this fabric with reds, blues, pinks and yellow.

There was a complimentary fabric (which you can just see peeking at the left corner) that had a smaller print with cherries and raspberries.

I decided on the Card Trick pattern, and put the main fabric together with blue, yellow and dark pink. For some reason, this quilt just did not appeal to me at the time. So it was relegated to the UFO pile.

As I was working on cleaning up my sewing area one day, I came across this quilt once again. But this time it started to speak to me.

All of a sudden this quilt said "SUMMER"! So I brought it out to see what had been done. I hung it on the wall, and I decided that I liked it :-)

Now I must decide on a backing and how to quilt it. It is about 86" x 72".


Maybe I should go back through my UFO pile again and see what else is lurking in there :-D

17 comments:

Allie said...

Very pretty, and very summery! Yes, absolutely browse your UFO's, lol.

Sue H said...

Hey, congratulations on your "new" quilt!!! It does look like a great summer quilt. And it seems like they always look two or three times better when they get quilted, so you will end up with a lovely quilt!

Helen said...

Oooh, I love this quilt. The colors are SO much fun!

Fun, fun, fun...what an unexpected find!

Hugs

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

It is very pretty.It is bright and cheery. I guess you just never know. Sometimes I see a quilt and like the fabric but the pattern doesn't appeal to me or the other way around. So I guess it happens.

Julia said...

I really like this quilt. The colors are gorgeous together, and I agree that it is a summer time quilt!

Sunshine said...

Lucky you, finding a near-finished quilt you like!

Cheers,
Christine

blushing rose said...

It is gorgeous, Jocelyn. My pinks ... TTFN ~Marydon

Kim Walus said...

This is a beautiful quilt and I love how our perspective changes from year to year. I have quilts that are old enough now that I would never have bought the same fabric today. It's funny how trends and fabric change over time.

andsewon said...

Yes SUMMER for sure.
Okay dig some more pretty UFO's out for us to see!!!!

Crispy said...

It's really a pretty quilt Jocelyn. It reminds me of sherbet.

Crispy

Unknown said...

Very nice, I like this quilt.

Donnelly said...

Very nice. The Card Trick block is one of my favorites because it was one of the first ones I ever did! I like how you have put the top together.
Have a great day.

Micki said...

The quilt is gorgeous! Your choice of colours made it for sure!
Micki

Violaine said...

Yessssssssss... a great summer plaid!

Kim said...

Seasons of the year seem to influence my likes and dislikes for fabric. Happy that you rekindled your love for this quilt top and finished her up. She is absolutely a summer quilt! Very pretty. :o)

Expedition Escapes said...

I really like this quilt design. It is pretty neat.

Dresden Quilter said...

It is a gorgeous quilt. We could use some summer here, all we have had is rain.