Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Shop Hop finds

Crispy wanted to know which favored fabrics followed me home on the day of the Shop Hop. There were projects in mind which I was on the hunt for.

I have a friend who is going through some health issues. Her family lives on the beach. When I saw this fabric, it was a light bulb moment. Perfectly suited for a beachy scene quilt.



I also took the opportunity to add to my 30's and Civil War fabrics. I have a Bonnie Blue pattern that has been waiting for the proper companions. I was able to buy these Civil War fabrics for $4.00 a yard!

All in all it was a profitable day. Lot's of driving but what a fun time :-)

10 comments:

imquilternity said...

Great fabrics! Doesn't it feel good when you just *know* what the fabric will be used for when you see it. I love that!

blushing rose said...

You had a great day for 'finds' ... what fun.
I need your address to mail something to you, please. TTFN ~ Marydon

Crispy said...

Such pretty fabrics!! Is the first one from that Sea and Sand line...I think that was the name. I've been eyeing a few of those too.

Crispy

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

What great finds!

parTea lady said...

I really love the shells and coral fabric. Sounds like the shop hop was a fun day.

Jennwith4 said...

Beautiful stuff! I've yet to post pics of my shop hop finds. I need to get my camera charged.

Micki said...

What great finds! I love the fabric!
Micki

Stitched With Prayer said...

Wonderful fabrics. I love all of them. The beach designs are so soothing, and boy I was drooling all over the 30's and Civil War prints...good thing my screen got in the way, LOL. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That's so nice of you to think of your friend when you were shopping. That's what friends are all about right??
Love your new fabs you bought for you too. I love the Bonnie B. patterns.

Cathy said...

Beautiful fabrics...especially the beachy ones!
That is so nice of you to make a quilt for your friend. She will wrapped in a "quilty hug" from you!
Cathy