Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Teacup Tuesday

Here we are again at Teacup Tuesday. Thanks to Kim from Shabby, Pink and Pretty, I get to share some of my teacup collection with you :-)

This very sweet teacup belonged to a very special friend of mine. She had quite a healthy collection of English teacups. The bottom of this teacup has a crown and says Bone China Made in England. No pattern name.

The saucer was very heavily grazed, and there was a lot of staining imbedded into the the grazing. I have given it a mild bleach soaking to try to lift some of the stains. The stains are not completely gone, but they are not as noticeable.

I love the little floral spray inside the cup. Such a delight to look at when you are sipping a cuppa.

One day soon I will share with you about the special friend that was the mistress of this teacup.

Have a wonder filled day! Be sure to stop by Kim's blog and visit the other Teacup Tuesday offerings.

9 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I think my Grandmother hadthis very sme set! I will have to check my Mum's china cabinet next time I visit! Tea always tastes better in fine bone china.

Love your card trick UFO!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

What a pretty set. I don't think you see them too often with decoration on the inside, or do you?

Katie said...

Oh the pink rim.......sigh........so lovely! Happy Pink Saturday!

Katie said...

Ok, while I sit all embarassed. I meant Happy Teacup Tuesday. Need.......more........coffeee...........

Loralynn said...

What a sweet tea cup! I have to confess that I don't mind the slight staining that happens in the crazing. It just makes me think the cup looks like it was well loved and used!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Beautiful. I am just unpacking all my mother in laws teacups. Each one is sooo pretty.

Nanette said...

Very sweet cup, so pretty!
Valerie

Bunny said...

Beautiful teacup looks very sweet.

Kim said...

OMG.. I just love this teacup. Nothing is more lovely to me than a beautiful teacup with pretty roses and lots of pink!!!