Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A profitable day

Today I had some errands to do. While I was out, I thought I would stop at a couple of thrift stores. I like to browse through and see if there are any great treasures to be found.

At my first stop I must have come on just the right day because I found this little gem.



Can you see that it is marked 20c? Even though I am not a garment sewer, I thought the book was so charming. It was published in 1966. A very nice addition to my sewing memorablia.

As I scoured through more of the book section, my eyes fell on this quilting book.....


Now I have looked at Quilts, Quilts, Quilts by Diana McClun and Laura Nownes for years. A couple of times I saw them at quilt shows in the resale bin, but I never bought it. Well today it was had for a total of 40c... Yes you heard me right, the complete guide to quiltmaking for forty cents! Whewww..... it was an amazing find!

But that is not all............. there were 4 more quilting/craft books that I bought. They ranged in price from 40c to $1.91. I thought this book looked very interesting.

It has primitive type patterns, which I think could be used in lots of projects.

For a grand total of $5.62 I came away with six quilting/craft books that can be added to my ever growing library.

I think I had a profitable day. I hope yours was a good one too :-)

6 comments:

andsewon said...

Wow.. great deals indeed!!
I would love them all!!

limpingalong said...

What a lucky day! Have fun.

Crispy said...

I'm never that lucky in finding good stuff. You sure can't beat the price you paid LOL.

Crispy

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You have a lot of sewing machines! What a deal on Quilts, Quilts, Quilts! I have that book and love it. I made my son and daughter in law's wedding quilt out of a pattern in there. Unfortunately I paid full price for my book.

Lindsey said...

Very adorable, I especially love the housees with the flying geese and stars...can't wait to see what you end up with.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.