Saturday, November 21, 2009

Just a quick.........

......... late night post.

Kim from "an oft traveled road" has shared a wonderful tutorial on her blog. "Share the Love" free tissue cozy pattern with a challenge to make two for a friend who will keep one and give the other one away! How cool is that? So I made a proto-type from some scraps (this is very scrap friendly).

It went together so quickly. So I thought I would try another one.

I made my second one with pre-quilted fabric that I had left over from making my sewing machine cover. You could make these assembly line fashion in no time flat. I can't remember how many Kim has made so far, but you can go to her blog and get the details there.

And now, back to Schnibbling........

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Loralynn said...

Thanks for posting the link! It's great too that you made them up and gave your review! I'm always afraid to try the projects I find in case they don't work out!

Val said...

Oh these are so cute. Thank you for sharing.

karen said...

Very cute.

Carol said...

Nice half square triangles for your Picnic quilt. I haven't even started mine yet.

fabricartist21 said...

Yes those little kleenex holders are really nice. I have made a lot of these on my embroidery machine called; in the hoop designs. They are fun to make and do make lovely gifts.

Shirley said...

Those tissue cozy's are a really cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

Kimberly Mason said...

It only takes two to become addicted, it's already too late for you now! heheheh

So glad you Share the Love! You ROCK!

Barb said...

I love those....I used to make them all the time......maybe i will get back to it!!!

Pat said...

I made several of these over the years.....they are great. I usually gave them all away...should make some for myself...maybe in holiday fabrics so I can have one for every season!!!

Crispy said...

Very cute :0)

Crispy

Nat Palaskas said...

Thanks for sharing the tissue cozy tutorial. It looks interesting I might have a try - Hugs Natima

SewCalGal said...

I love those little tissue cozy holders. Great little gift idea too!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Those are adorable, and great for Christmas gift giving! Thanks so much for the link...and you're doing more schnibbling??? My prayers are with you!

God bless...have a beautiful Sunday!

Mary

Rita said...

I just finished my Pincnic Schnibble! It seemed to take longer than I thought it would, but I love the competed top!

Micki said...

What cute ideas! Thanks for sharing!
Micki

Allie said...

Those are really neat! I like your Schnibbles too...

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn,

Those cases are so cute, and your Schnibbles quilt is going to be adorable.

Unknown said...

very cute tissue holder...uhhhh! just a question but is that photo a quilt with those tiny tiny little blocks put together?
If so, I am seriously lackng in dexterity! Is that what schnibbles is? Tiny little quilts?
OMG!