Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Pass it On

 


Last year I have done a LOT of cleaning out of my stash. A box full of fabric went to a friend who sews dresses for little girls in third world countries and a box full of fabric went to QOV. And still so much. Again I attacked my closet and sent a substantial amount of fabric to a local prison where the women make quilts and other things mainly for children. I included thread as I know that is something all sewers can use. 

Sigh.... they seem to be like rabbits, multiplying.  But hopefully I will get the mountain under control. As we get older we realize that we don't "need" all these things. Downsizing makes it easier for my kids when I'm gone :-) 

3 comments:

Quilting Under the Eaves said...

Hello, do you have any information about how to become involved in sewing dresses for little girls in third world countries? I would love to do tha.
Virginia

Darlene S said...

I truly believe my fabric breeds in my sewing room, when left alone. You have found some great ways to donate some of your stash. But please don't go anywhere anytime soon.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I totally agree with your last sentence. When we moved to California I gifted most of my yarn to an older lady in the neighborhood that I didn't know. But she always had a sign for a craft show at the holidays so I stopped to see if she could use the yarn. Luckily the ladies at her church could use it. I gifted some fabric but brought most with me. Sadly when I got here most were scared of accepting used items due to Covid. You are lucky to have someone to give yours to that will use it.
xx, Carol