Monday, March 7, 2022

Until Leaves Fall in Paris

 

Writing WWII historical romance novels, Sarah Sundin makes it come alive. 

Lucie Girard, an American ballerina in Paris, finds herself owning Green Leaf Books, an English language book store. Paul, an American manufacturer living in Paris, struggles with the Germans taking over his company, becomes involved with the resistance. They each know the risks involved, but Lucie allows her book shop to pass messages inside books, and Paul agrees to work with the US Army. They meet and are drawn together.

It is hard to adequately describe the essence of this novel. It was totally captivating and I wanted to know what the next step would be.  I have read all of Sundin's other books and always felt that she researched them meticulously. Her voice has compassion and truth that makes you feel like you are experiencing the events.  

I loved this story. It had everything a good book should have. Thrilling plot, history, romance, a good dose of suspense. The suspense at their escape left me reading until the end. A beautiful story of love in occupied Paris. Sundin is a master at crafting stories.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

1 comments:

Darlene S said...

Sounds like a good read with an interesting story. I've added it to my reading list. Thank you.