Monday, April 10, 2023

Journal cover

This is a repost.

I used to journal all the time. But in recent years, it has fallen off, mostly due to time constraints and health issues. I was given a book to use for journaling, so I thought I would make a cover.


I cheated a little bit by using pre-quilted fabric I had in my stash.

I also found a suitable coordinating fabric to use for the inside.

It was easy to turn down flaps, and sew the ends.
 Good fit!
 And wha-la! The finished journal cover :-)

Using the pre-quilted fabric made this a snap, but I think next time I will quilt my own.

Happy Quilting!
                                         Sew and Tell

                                      Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

                                      Finished or not Friday

                                      Peacock Party

4 comments:

dgs said...

Lovely journal cover and helpful tutorial. Now I want to make some.

Yvonne said...

Your journal cover is so sweet!

Melva said...

I love the fabric colors and what a simple project to doll of a journal. Thanks for joining the Sew & Tell party.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think a pretty cover would make me more want to use it a lot!! it looks great!