Monday, April 3, 2023

Nursing home quilt and pain

 The latest nursing home quilt was made up with every bit of scraps. 


It made a decent size lap quilt. Using the largest piece for the backing.

However, last week I had an injury where I fractured my sternum and have been in a lot of pain. Just resting for now, and taking all kinds of calcium, magnesium, collagen and K2. I'm hoping the pain will subside soon. It is a sad state of affairs to be down on yet another birthday :-(

                                       Sew and Tell

                                      Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

                                      Finished or not Friday

                                      Peacock Party


10 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

So sorry about the injury. Hopefully it will heal quickly. Other than that, I hope your birthday is great!

dgs said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry you injured your sternum and are in pain. I hope you can rest and will heal quickly.

liferecipes said...

Big ouch! That was a sad birthday, for sure! I hope your pain becomes more bearable and that you don't get a cough anytime soon. I broke a rib or two right before a three week road trip several years ago. I still remember the pain. I can emphasize with you although your pain must be far greater. Best wishes and prayers for your quick recovery!

DebE said...

Yikes! So sorry to read that you injured yourself! This getting old(er) is definitely NOT for wusses, is it? I hurt my left knee several weeks ago & go in for surgery a week from this Friday...can't repair a meniscus, but the surgeon will clear out the area of 'debris' which will help in the future. Love the quilt - a simple one to use up scraps (my constant goal, too!), and always appreciated by the recipient! Take care! DebE

Susan said...

I am sorry that you fractured your sternum. I will be praying for a speedy recovery.

Deborah said...

I am sorry you have to be in pain and I hope that that will soon be in the past.

Elaine Adair said...

OMGOsh - sooooo sorry to hear of injury, but still glad I took the time to read a few blogs. Not sure where time goes but it surely sneaks away. I'm going to check my vitamin bottle label to see if I'm getting what I need for my ole bod! Feel better soon.

Joyce Carter said...

Wow! I am really sorry you are hurt and in so much pain. Hopefully everything will be better soon I hope you had an awesome birthday despite the troubles you are having.

Melva said...

Very nice quilt of scraps for the nursing home. I have been working on one myself. :) So sorry about your mishap. Prayers for a fast healing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh Hope you heal fast!! thats a painful spot too!